Recycling Product News
Page URL: http://rpn.baumpub.com/news/2444/liebherr-introduces-industry-first-material-handler-training-simulator
News | Headlines | Material Handlers, Metals Recycling
August 13, 2012 - At the ISRI 2012 show in April 2012, Liebherr Construction Equipment Co. introduced a “first in the industry” Material Handler Training Simulator. Continuing its commitment to be a market leader in innovation and technology, Liebherr Construction Equipment Co. in the U.S. and Liebherr Canada partnered with Simlog to develop an affordable, high quality, realistic training simulator to assist Liebherr Dealers and product owners in training their material handler operators.
Simlog, a Montreal based company established in 1999, is a leading developer of simulation products.
“Training simulators have come from costly show pieces to more affordable and practical applications in everyday operator training as we are showing here at ISRI”, said Mark Rangos, General Manager, Product Support, Liebherr Construction Equipment Co.
The simulator depicts the operation of a Liebherr wheeled material handler in a realistic environment performing scrap handling activities. The simulator will provide different operating scenarios and will measure the performance of the trainee during their training session. The simulator will be available in a basic and advanced version. The basic version will utilize a tabletop steering wheel, foot pedals, and Liebherr type joysticks. The advanced version incorporates an operator seat, an industrial steering wheel and foot pedals, and Liebherr type joysticks. Both versions of the simulator can use a mid-range laptop or desktop computer.
To learn more about this company:
- MHL340 E material handler features more powerful engine with lower fuel consumption
- Perkins Automated Container
- Saturn Dual-Shaft Industrial Shredder Series
- Semi-Underground, Deep Collection System for waste and recyclables
- Morbark introduces new horizontal grinder, Biomass MicroChipper, and new insert
- Compact, light crushing and screening buckets designed for mid-range carriers
- Windrow Manager 3.0 Compost Management Software